Mindful of Both People & Our Planet
At Blooming Haus, we couldn’t live out our passion daily, doing what we do, without the gifts of mother nature.
Not only is it our duty to give back from what we take, but we’re also steadfast in fighting for a more earth-friendly world for everyone.
Our mission is to minimise our carbon footprint in all aspects of our business. By sharing our environmental efforts with our clients and everyone we work with, we intend to keep Blooming Haus at the forefront of positive change.
In the words of David Attenborough, we must “rewild the earth”…
Here’s What We’re Doing at Blooming Haus to Tackle Climate Change
- We use green energy to power our studio.
- For smaller deliveries, we partner with a local company (Ecofleet) which delivers our beautiful arrangements using bicycles.
- All our organic waste is composted and NOT sent to landfill.
- We avoid using materials that are not compostable.
- Flower buckets are always reused and sent back to our suppliers.
- Carton boxes and all other recyclable packagings in which we receive our supplies are recycled.
- We source as many local flowers as possible from local, small suppliers. Our suppliers also use organisations such as the Soil Association and the Rainforest Alliance, which quality-check the supplies and gives them a ‘seal’ of approval regarding the ethical production and sourcing of the flowers.
- Our cleaning products are probiotic, keeping our space clean and employees safe. By avoiding potentially dangerous chemicals, we reduce the risk of harmful agents entering and affecting our aquatic ecosystems.
The Gift That Keeps On Giving
With every wedding or corporate venue we work with, we intend to extend our sustainability initiatives to our customers. As many studies and organisations have highlighted, tree planting is one of the critical initiatives in the fight against climate change. We collaborate with organisations such as the National Forest and the Woodland Trust to not only give a meaningful gift back to our customers but also reforest our woodlands and forests.
At the end of our work with wedding couples or event planners, we dedicate a tree to be planted within the national forests to protect and restore biodiversity. We also do the same with our corporate clients. Every year, we dedicate a tree to thank us for their trust in us and also symbolise our dedication to a more sustainable world. We believe this will also encourage everyone else to do incorporate similar strategies in their corporate social responsibility framework.
The Gift That Keeps On Giving
Finally, from 2021 Blooming Haus will start to participate in carbon offsetting programmes. We must address both environmental and social issues to have a holistic and positive impact on the world. Many platforms such as the United Nations Carbon Offset Platform provide a list of projects worldwide, ranging from tree planting, to wind farm funding and provide energy-efficient equipment to impoverished populations.
We’re On a Mission to Build a Better & Brighter Future for Everyone
It doesn’t end here. We will continue to spearhead the search for more sustainable initiatives to help us improve what we do and how we do it. Watch this space.